Author Topic: X-Plane may very well be my "next sim"  (Read 1200 times)

Offline Adrian Chitan

• Pilots
  • Popularity: +17/-1
    • View Profile
X-Plane may very well be my "next sim"
« on: December 15, 2013, 10:15:34 AM »
Hi, guys.

In the last couple of days I have been looking at X-Plane quite seriously. I'm starting to hate FSX's glitches (the most annoying fact is that it is not a 64 bit app, so it's not taking advantage of this  hardware). Furthermore, it is by far the best simulator on the market (surface integrated effect vs. performance chart effect says it all).

I don't wanna get into a polemic discussion about P3D and X-Plane, but P3D seems like an FSX shell (it doesn't even have real 64-bit support, but just an emulation) with a lot of promises and little delivered (just my opinion).

Another plus is that I've heard that PMDG will move into X-Plane (big fan of PMDG). Is it true?

So, can I ask you some questions about X-Plane:
1) can it be used on VATSIM (because of the scenery discrepancy)? and what is the difference between FSX on VATSIM and X-Plane on VATSIM?
2) what weather engine is available for X-Plane (something like ActiveSky) and is there something like REX (don't know if you need any weather graphics improvements because as I see, it looks pretty good by default) for it?
3) on their site I only saw that there is no Download version but only DVD version. is this true or did I not look very well?

I think this is enough for the first post.

I won't make the change very soon, but it would be nice if I have all the information in.

Cheers.

DBX024

Re: X-Plane may very well be my "next sim"
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 10:18:19 PM »
In my opinion it would be better to try it first because there are plenty of opinions pros and cons.

I'm pro for simulation, graphic arts, hd mash and photo sceneries, many free planes and sceneries X-PLANE.ORG

1.XSquawkBox allows you to connect on Vatsim   32/64 bits
      You can find this plugin in my post  "Plugins Quicklinks"
2.You do not need rex weather and clouds are ok
3. For download use another source ;)

Offline Adrian Chitan

• Pilots
  • Popularity: +17/-1
    • View Profile
Re: X-Plane may very well be my "next sim"
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 09:32:04 AM »
Good news! On Tuesday, my X-Plane 10 x64 simulator will get to me by courier. I can hardly wait. I'll start making the move slowly to X-Plane.

Thanks for the reply.

P.S. FSX is bugging me more and more with its' fits.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 09:34:25 AM by Adrian Chitan »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27