Author Topic: What the hell's happening in Denver? :)))  (Read 866 times)

Offline Adrian Chitan

• Pilots
  • Popularity: +17/-1
    • View Profile
What the hell's happening in Denver? :)))
« on: August 06, 2015, 07:27:11 AM »
Hi, guys. I haven't flown to much lately but I did manage to accomplish the re-installation of all FSX related simulation, moving to Steam Edition once again because !they fixed it!. Anyway, because I was in the US, I thought I fly to one of my favourite destination...Denver, Colorado. Last time I went here I was flying X-Plane's B737-200Adv and on descent, one of my engines flamed-out. Now, while going back to Denver from New Orleans with PMDG's B737-800WL, my right engine started giving high vibration caution on descent.

Now, the manual says that this is a hint that the engine will fail soon. Also, the pilot should pull back the throttle on this engine and see if this fixes the problem. So that's what I did, I went to dual throttle, took off A/T and put engine 2 throttle to idle, while manually trying to maintain the VNAV computed speed with the right engine.

The vibration went bellow the caution line, but never went away for good.

The A/P Yaw Damper channel was struggling to maintain a stable lateral flight path because of the thrust bias.

And the inevitable happened: the engine died on touch-down. Unfortunately, I haven't started the APU in expectation of the flame-out so look at that load on the left generator: 98 amps (!!! - hope the primaries don't burn out) without the landing lights on.

So again, Denver has caused an engine to flame out. :D Hope you like the screens.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27