Author Topic: The KSFO - KDEN adventure  (Read 1047 times)

Offline Adrian Chitan

• Pilots
  • Popularity: +17/-1
    • View Profile
The KSFO - KDEN adventure
« on: May 05, 2015, 07:55:49 PM »
Hi guys,

I just finished off a flight from San Francisco Intl. to Denver Intl. and I thought I share some pictures with you, because there were incidents and some of the pictures look really nice. The flight was IFR VOR-to-VOR and Denver is one of the highest international airport in the world at 5'340 ft MSL. No GPS or INS was used even on the SID, STAR or APP (good thing the US is filled with VORs and TACANs and their procedures are ALWAYS referenced to radio nav aids).

These two pictures were taken after takeoff at KSFO. They show the wonderful "God's Rays" effect added by SkyMaxx Pro.

Approaching the entry of the STAR, one of the engines went idle and I couldn't control it anymore. So I shut it down so that no more serious problems appear (like a fire).

This picture shows the nice Rocky Mountains. Bear in mind that I haven't, yet, downloaded the HD mesh for North America so these are default and will look better after I finish off the download.

And to top everything off, the weather is getting heavy: cloudy with an overcast layer at 5'000 ft and one broken and one few higher up, for now.

To prevent any electrical/hydraulic problems because of the shut down engine, I fired up the APU and gave it the left electrical circuit to feed. Also, the bleed air from the APU is used to supplement the engine bleed air. To avoid a fatal fuel tank unbalance, I opened the cross feed valve.

Low level overcast while trying to follow the published arrival and ILS procedures.

This is the arrival I followed. It left me at a VOR South of the airport. The red line shows my path.

And the approach. Had to backtrack a bit because of the arrival exit.

Decision height. Landing. I have control.

Very nice landing :D

I landed in a flaps 15 configuration as opposed to the flaps 30 because, while on one engine, I want to minimize the thrust this lone engine is producing so that the induced yaw is minimum. This make the landing a little hot, but it's Denver, I have 3 km to stop the plane.

Nice view of the terminals.

Successful landing, plane shut down.

Hope you like it :D.

Offline Bogdan Ghincea

• Captain
  • Administrator
  • Popularity: +5/-1
  • Flying is a way of life
    • View Profile
    • Air Danubius - virtual airline company
Re: The KSFO - KDEN adventure
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 09:52:47 PM »
Great Flight i'd have X-Plane i'd like to sit tin the right seat with you :)

Offline Adrian Chitan

• Pilots
  • Popularity: +17/-1
    • View Profile
Re: The KSFO - KDEN adventure
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 12:13:33 PM »
Yeah, in the B737-200Adv it would be really fun to have an FO. Shout when you have X-Plane :D.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27