Author Topic: Carrier flights  (Read 1004 times)

Offline Adrian Chitan

• Pilots
  • Popularity: +17/-1
    • View Profile
Carrier flights
« on: April 01, 2015, 07:22:10 AM »
Hi, guys

I was thinking we could be having more "realistic" routings in our schedule choice. Most of them are already in so all is good, but some are missing.

So we have 2 European hubs, Munich and Bucharest. This means that first and foremost we should have routes from these hubs to all European capitals in the Career mode.

Normal flights

So from LROP via normal flights to
Lisbon
Madrid
Paris
Dublin
London
Reykjavik
Brussels
Amsterdam
Bern ??? (maybe for Switzerland we could get Zurich which is a larger node)
Munich ??? (because this is our hub, we will consider this as the capital of Germany, and we'll go to Berlin as a regional flight)
Copenhagen
Vienna
Warsaw
Prague
Bratislava
Rome
Ljubljana
Zagreb
Sarajevo
Athens
Belgrade
Vilnius
Riga
Tallin
Minsk
Kiev
Moscow
Helsinki
Stockholm
Oslo

Bear in mind that I have excluded the smaller countries from this list. Also, the close neighbours are out because we'll cover those in regional flights with smaller planes (Q400/ATR).

From EDDM via normal flights we could go to
Bucharest
Lisbon
Madrid
Paris
Dublin
London
Reykjavik
Brussels
Amsterdam
Copenhagen
Warsaw
Bratislava
Rome
Ljubljana
Zagreb
Sarajevo
Athens
Belgrade
Sofia
Chisinau
Budapest
Vilnius
Riga
Tallin
Minsk
Kiev
Moscow
Helsinki
Stockholm
Oslo

Again, small countries and close neighbours are out.

Regional flights

From LROP we could go regional to
Chisinau
Sofia
Belgrade
Budapest
Sibiu
Cluj
Timisoara
Kogalniceanu
Iasi
Arad
etc. ??? (and other airports throughout Romania)

From EDDM as regional flights we could go to
Prague
Vienna
Zurich
Innsbruck
Bern
Geneva
Berlin
Dusseldorf
Koln
Hamburg
Frankfurt
etc. ??? (and other airports in Germany)

Sorry if I had forgotten anything and all routes include the return flight.

Passengers and airplanes

I don't know how the planning tool works, but we could be having different airplanes and different loads for different seasons. While most routes will remain constant throughout the year (LROP to LSZH can remain at a B737-700/A320 with 70-80% load level all year long), there are some which could be modified once every 3 or 6 months (like going to Sofia from LROP, we could have Q400/ATR with 70% load for 9 months and during the winter change it to a 80% B737-600/700 - because of the skiing -, and same could be applied to EDDM-LOWI). An the other hand, most destinations will see an increase in passenger load during summer because of the added tourist traffic to the normal commuter traffic.

Workload

I don't think it is to much workload and frankly I would volunteer to create these and keep them "up-to-date" (after I learn how to create them in the VA environment). It is not like it's a job that needs to be done in one day, not even in one week actually.

As you may know, I am not a big fan of Events/Tours but I am a fan of realistic airline procedures and business simulators. I miss the days of Cargo Pilot and AirHauler :D. Even though you had to do many flights in the same aircraft between the same airports, you would not get bored. If you have weather in, real loading and real time of day, no two flights will ever feel the same. But I am not really enjoying the "airline life" when I press "Search for Scheduled Flights" and all I get are 7 destinations within 300 miles from the departure in career mode and 3 destinations outside the 300 mile radius but as part of some tour or event.

Anyway, let me know what do you think about covering all of Europe and moving into a more seasonal-based equipment & loading pattern. Again, I will be happy to do it, though keeping it in the hobby range of doing things.

P.S. My daughter will be borne on the 9th of April  ;D  ;D  ;D so I will take a leave of absence for about 2-3 weeks from flying starting next week (starting Friday, the 3th of April). But I still can get on the internet and learn how to create career routes and create them when I find some free time.

Offline Bogdan Ghincea

• Captain
  • Administrator
  • Popularity: +5/-1
  • Flying is a way of life
    • View Profile
    • Air Danubius - virtual airline company
Re: Carrier flights
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 07:33:11 PM »
Thank you Adrian.

We will analyse your proposal and we will try to implement it as soon as possible

B.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27