Author Topic: Free VFR planning too  (Read 1478 times)

Offline Bogdan Ghincea

• Captain
  • Administrator
  • Popularity: +5/-1
  • Flying is a way of life
    • View Profile
    • Air Danubius - virtual airline company
Free VFR planning too
« on: February 28, 2015, 12:08:09 PM »
Here is a nice free tool for planning VFR flights:

Offline Adrian Chitan

• Pilots
  • Popularity: +17/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Free VFR planning too
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 08:57:14 AM »
B.E.A.U.tiful :D

Having lots of Carenado GA&&PPL planes, VFR flight just got more interesting :D (a field which I neglected 'till now).

Thanks.

Offline Bogdan Ghincea

• Captain
  • Administrator
  • Popularity: +5/-1
  • Flying is a way of life
    • View Profile
    • Air Danubius - virtual airline company
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 10:50:29 AM »
Stay tuned then for our next weekly VFR flights upcoming this thurdsday or friday in some small South African's grass/dirt airflields.
Even if you are a x-plane-er and will have a elevetion difference you should join anyway.

Offline Adrian Chitan

• Pilots
  • Popularity: +17/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 11:49:09 AM »
First I need to install HD Mesh v3, World2XPlane generator and the Photorealistic scenery for X-Plane so that I recognize what's down there - all for free. But I already downloaded them and will install them soon (the process is a bit tedious because there are these three scenery files, with the added requirements of three scenery object definition databases and the modification of an X-Plane file to tell it what the priorities are). The gain is enormous - it looks better, and what's more important, more realistic than Prepar3D.

Unfortunately, there are huge parts of this Earth missing. The Photorealistic scenery only covers Europe right up until Romania :)). World2XPlane generator contains Europe in detail (including Romania) while the other parts of the World are bundled in single large area files. HD Mesh v3 covers Europe, North America, Japan and some Eastern parts of China, Australia and some Pacific Islands. Africa is poorly represented with only the HD Mesh reaching the upper Northern parts.

In any case, X-Plane was already doing a pretty good job of placing the landmarks where they should be (lakes, main highways, rivers, etc.). Furthermore, even with only one scenery addon (one of the three) covering a certain part of the world, the results are amazing. So I'll get into more serious VFR flying.

Joshhalfter

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 08:59:05 AM »
Wow!!! it is an interesting topic that I was interested in it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27