Author Topic: Failures...ON  (Read 753 times)

Offline Adrian Chitan

• Pilots
  • Popularity: +17/-1
    • View Profile
Failures...ON
« on: September 02, 2014, 07:20:37 AM »
Hi, guys

I just wanted to make a pool and see how many of AD's pilots fly with failures on. And please be as extensive as you want (e.g. fail rate on the PMDG products, internal failure system of the simulator, special failure simulator of other products, etc.).

In my case, I fly X-Plane with failures on. I usually set the X-Plane failure simulator to 3000 hours on a normal airline jet. This means that every piece of hardware has a probability of failing once every 3000 hours. And because there are so many hardware pieces on an airliner, it adds up to about one failure every 4 to 5 hours or so of flying. The failures on X-Plane can vary from a blown tire (yes, a tire can blow up on an airliner inside the gear bay because of the huge difference in pressures), a faulty bleed air valve or a damaged electrical hydraulic pump to a blown engine or a cargo bay fire. This 3000-hour rate goes down when I fly a simple GA plane, of course.

That's it. Now it's your turn. And don't forget that virtual flying is better when you're looking for that NON-NORMAL CHECKLIST in the huge pile of documents :D.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27