Author Topic: Military?  (Read 1628 times)

Offline Zoltan Vodinszki

• Pilots
  • Popularity: +3/-0
  • Air Danubius Pilot
    • View Profile
Military?
« on: February 03, 2015, 12:28:20 PM »
Hi,

Is it possible to add military planes to the fleet?
It would be nice to have a training plane like the Texan T6 turboprop, a fighter jet like the F16 (currently being added to the real Romanian fleet) and at least a transportation plane or air refueling aircraft. This would add a lot of teamwork in the VA (like the air refueling). MadCatz and Saitek used to have such thing but unfortunately they closed the multiplayer part of the sim: http://combatpilotseries.com/

Thanks!
Zoli

Offline Adrian Chitan

• Pilots
  • Popularity: +17/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Military?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 12:21:21 PM »
Hi, Zoltan

I am not a VA coordinator so I can't tell you about Air Danubius' fleet but I do want to make some little comments about military flights.

As you know, Air Danubius is a VA because its flights happen online on VATSIM or scarcely on IVAO. VATSIM's policy is to NOT allow ANY type of military or paramilitary action on their grounds. While you can fly an F-16 in VATSIM (did it in the Aerosoft's F-16 which has nothing to do with the F-16, unfortunately) you can only go from point A to point B or do some stunts in a designated area (permission from ATC or special military training grounds seen on the charts). No firing is allowed, "real" or "simulated" (as the newer generation fighters also have simulation mode) on VATSIM. Wanting to be "politically correct" they don't wan't to encourage killing :D. That's why they also don't allow "terrorist behavior" on VATSIM like flying into buildings and all that stuff. So I don't think military ops is a good idea for VATSIM.

About the MadKatz & Saitek add-ons, the idea actually sounded good to me at the time of release but their policy was weird. They required (or still require, I am not up to date on this as I think the idea is a "dud missile") a monthly payment to use their servers and planes. Of course, it had nothing to do with VATSIM. Other problems with Combat Pilot Series could arouse from the fact that their add-ons don't fully simulate all the systems and not even the ones that are simulated are as in real life (some are, but most not). Weapon effects are also just a work-around because FSX cannot simulate weapons (Microsoft's Policy) - because FSX/Prepar3D works on performance tables, it would mean to have performance tables for bombs, etc. but as you know they're all secret.

The third and last point on military simulation (for the flight model freak) is the flight modeling on performance tables which is not good (even if Prepar3D is done by Lockheed Martin). How can you simulate actual dynamic braking in 20o AoA in the vertical while in a gusty cloud layer from performance tables when no such reading will ever be taken? As you've already seen, or will see from now on :D, FSX/Prepar3D are used to civil flights where the AoA is relativelly low. When high angles of attack happen the planes will normally act as in the lower AoA regions (good engine performance, relatively low braking if max engines, good stability, etc.). Yes, stalls will happen but that's only one dimension of a multi-dimension picture.

Cheers

Offline Zoltan Vodinszki

• Pilots
  • Air Danubius Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 01:33:10 PM »
Well, it looks like some other VATSIM members enjoy military activity...
I am just looking at an Albatros L39 from "Ukraine AIR Force" on the VATSIM activity map.

I am also aware of the SO procedures on VATSIM.

I did not say anything about weapons in my post. I was saying about in flight re-fueling, maybe fly an air-radar, a rescue helicopter, etc.

About Combat Pilot Simulator, I was one of those that payed for access and it was great while it was.  At first, I wanted to pay for one month only but during that time they decided to extend the period and I never had to pay again during the 5 or 6 months the project was alive. It's too bad they killed the multi-player project.

Regards,
Zoli

Offline Bogdan Ghincea

• Captain
  • Administrator
  • Popularity: +5/-1
  • Flying is a way of life
    • View Profile
    • Air Danubius - virtual airline company
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 06:59:19 PM »
Salut Zoli,

Este o idee mai veche de-a mea pe care o am in minte de a implementa  / simula activitatea ROAF in mediul virtual. Ar fi interesant. Chiar am cateva avioane pictate in culorile ROAF daca te intereseaza (Albatros-ul - se apropie cel mai mult de Soim care din pacate nu exista inca simulator, desi am vazut ca Vulturul exista pe undeva pe net, MIG21, dar nu lancerul ci ala vechi rusesc, si chiar Spartanul il am daca te intereseaza.) Referitor la simularea in cadrul Air Danubius am sa incerc sa propun in cadrul companiei infiintarea unei Sectiujni Military Simulation sa vad daca se aproba. Si de asemenea mai aveam o idee legata de Zborurile de acrobatie gen Soimii Romaniei Virtual. Am sa te tin la curent.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/78777072@N05/sets/72157644784296309/

https://scontent-a-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/10550072_10152337965309440_5276080778715109178_o.jpg

Ceers,
Benny
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 09:33:47 PM by Bogdan Ghincea »

Offline Zoltan Vodinszki

• Pilots
  • Air Danubius Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 12:43:44 PM »
Salut Benny,

Mersi de raspuns! Mie mi-a venit ideea in momentul in care testam un Hawker Tempest (desenat ca cel folosit de Pierre Closterman in WWII). Ma gandeam ca unele operatiuni ar cere munca in echipa si ar uni mai mult pilotii. De exemplu, invatarea unui zbor in formatie sau chiar cum ziceai si tu un numar de acrobatie.

Eu nu mai folosesc FSX decat cand ma apuca uneori sa recitesc "Microsoft Flight Simulator X For Pilots Real World Training". Este o carte foarte buna pe care am cumparat-o mai demult. Acum folosesc X-Plane 10 si vad ca exista multe add-on-uri printre care si Mig21 dar la fel cum ziceai, versiunea pre-Lancer.

In plus, nu cred ca strica sa simulam si patrularea teritoriului cu niste avioane de vanatoare. Pana la urma, asta face armata si in viata reala.

O zi buna,
Zoli

Offline Bogdan Ghincea

• Captain
  • Administrator
  • Popularity: +5/-1
  • Flying is a way of life
    • View Profile
    • Air Danubius - virtual airline company
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 02:55:00 PM »
Salut Zoltan,

Am adaugat Roaf IN FLOTA. CHECK IT OUT.

http://www.airdanubius.eu/index.php/vFleetTracker/

Benny

Offline Zoltan Vodinszki

• Pilots
  • Air Danubius Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 06:29:33 PM »
Salut Bogdan,

Mersi de "heads-up"!
Vara asta nu am avut timp de nimic dar zilele astea pun la loc sculele pe masa si ma apuc de treaba.

Week-end placut!
Zoli

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27